A parent-teacher organization dedicated to enhancing the school experience for kids attending Chestnutwold Elementary. We fund school clubs, support out-of-the-box ideas from Chestnutwold's amazing teachers, and host seriously awesome fundraisers.
The Chestnutwold PTO acts as a liaison between Chestnutwold Parents; the school district of Haverford Township, its administration, teachers, and staff; and the Intra-District council of Parent Teacher Organizations. The PTO organizes many family and community events and has an active fund raising arm to cover additional curriculum materials, art and science programs, teaching supplies, classroom technology enhancements; etc.
All parents are encouraged to attend, give input, and vote at our monthly meetings. Meetings (after September) are the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 pm in the LGI at Chestnutwold.
Co-Presidents - Tara Klick & Jamie Hawthorn
- Oversee all board positions and helps board members when needed.
- Creates agenda for both general PTO meetings as well as the PTO Board meetings
- Sends out weekly email announcements
- Coordinates with principal and school personnel
Vice President of In School Activities - Jon Delise
- Supports and communicates with chairs of in school activity committees.
- Helps recruit new committee chairs when needed.
- These committees include: Art Show, Art in the Classroom, Artist in Residency Program, Book Fair, Classics in the Classroom, Homeroom parents, School Supplies Kits, Faculty Appreciation Lunch, and Young Writers Day.
- Helps coordinate school assemblies.
- Helps coordinate snacks and volunteers for Field Day.
Vice President of After School Activities - Ellen Sanders
- Oversees clubs and supports club chairs.
- Communicates with Chairs of PFD, Trunk or Treat and the New Family Sponsor program.
Co-Treasurers - Rachel Mathais & Ashley O'Dacre
- Both Treasurers are responsible for leading the effort to design the annual PTO budget.
- One treasurer approves expenses, writes checks, obtains petty cash and makes the PNC bank deposits monthly. It is required that this treasurer check the PTO mailbox at school weekly for check requests or deposits.
- The other treasurer reconciles the bank statement against deposits and withdrawals, as well as updates the actual budget monthly.
Secretary - Sandy Leitao
- Takes minutes at meetings and has them available at the next meeting to be approved.